Lyft is an America-based ride-booking and vehicle renting app. It is one of the most-used apps for traveling and ride-booking after Uber. But sometimes people might find themselves in situations where they want to delete their Lyft account and try to find the easiest way to do so.
Ride booking and vehicle renting have been made super easy by Lyft. So much so that for even small distances people use it. Although Lyft is not offering the recovery of the account yet with the “Download Data” option. But, saving the data helps you retain all your data even after deleting the account permanently. Deleting the data permanently deletes all your ride history and anything related to your profile.
Can I delete my Lyft account permanently?
To delete the Lyft account permanently on the PC browser Windows or Mac, follow the below steps.
- Login into our Lyft account
- On the left-hand side or upper right side locate the “help” section
- Search “Delete account” in the search bar. You will see an article for deleting the account follow that or just click this link.
- You will reach your privacy page with two options 1. To download the data, 2. Delete the account.
- Click on the latter and hit the “Start” button.
- Choose the reason for your action and move to the next page.
- Write the word “DELETE” in the empty bar and click or tap on the “Delete Account” button.
How to sign out of Lyft on all devices?
Once you delete your account you will be logged out from all the devices. To login again you will need to create your account once more and verify your phone number and enter your details. This process creates a new account altogether from scratch.
How to delete the Lyft account on the app?
Like most of the latest applications, the Lyft account can be accessed and managed using a mobile device or a PC. Below is the easiest way to delete the Lyft account permanently using your smartphone app.
- Open your Lyft app.
- Verify phone number if not already logged in.
- After logging in, tap the three lines on the top left side of the home screen.
- Tap the “Help” option in the left side menu.
- Find the option “Profile and account” and scroll down to the next page.
- Tap on “Delete my account.”
- Expand the option “How to delete your Lyft account.”
- You will find the “Delete my account” link under this option.
- The next page will ask you to enter your phone number for verification.
- Tap it and go to the data deletion page after entering your email address.
- Now tap on “Start” below the delete the account
- Select the reason for the account deletion and tap on the “Next” button.
- Write “DELETE” in the bar and delete your account.
How to delete Lyft ride history?
Lyft users can delete the ride history through the main menu in their app. The main menu is present on the top left side of the app shown with three lines. Tap on the three lines to reveal the detailed menu of the app. At the center of all the options, the “Ride History” option is present.
Tap the ride history option to see the list of all your previous rides. Tap on the ride the one you want to delete. Once the ride details are shown look for the delete button to delete the ride.
How to delete a card from a Lyft account?
The easiest way to delete any payment method let alone a card from the payments options of LYFT is by opening the menu from the top right three lines button. Open the payments option and click on the card you want to delete. Hit delete and confirm by clicking or the taping “Delete Card” option. Confirm this by opening the Payments options once more. Your deleted card will be missing from this list.
A problem in deleting the card or LYFT account? – Contact customer support
Use this link to find the help page. Search and read about your problem on this page and if required contact Lyft customer support.